Barre classes are a new trend, that’s basically a super-energising whole-body workout that’s great for everyone from beginners to pros. Each class works to build alignment, strengthen your core, tone and elongate muscles. Think all the benefits of a ballet dancer - without going through the intense trainings.
These benefits are not only long term but it’s almost immediate to your body and mind.
Your posture will improve
- There’s a big focus on strengthening the chest and shoulder muscles, which in turn prevents us from slouching. After just a few sessions, you’ll feel yourself standing taller with a sense of elongation throughout your body.
You’ll notice the difference in your bum
- Barre training is also fantastic for strengthening the glutes. Working on your glutes helps to strengthen all the muscles that stabilise the pelvis, which in turn helps to alleviate pressure on the back, hips and knees.
Your stomach muscles will reap the benefits
- Barre focuses heavily on balance and strenght, which means your core is an integral part of training. When you use your abdominals to hold your body in a correct alignment, barre classes will give you a heavy core workout.
… And your back
- When you strengthen your core muscles, you build a flat stomach and strengthen your back. These movements help to strengthen the tiny muscles around your spine, easing pressure and tension you might hold in your lower back.
Your muscles will gain definition
- It’s not just your glutes and abs that gets a workout, you also focus on arms too! The workout also incorporates basic workouts like push-ups, tricep dips, bicep curls and shoulder work. You’ll be surprised at how much stronger and defined your arms would get just after a couple classes!
It’ll help you become more flexible
- With the combination of stretching and focusing on your posture, it allows your flexibility to be pushed to the limit.
You’ll feel less stressed
- Exercise in general helps to reduce stress. Barre sits somewhere in between of the relaxing yoga classes and intense HIIT workouts. Barre is more of a mental challenge, almost like a form of meditation - leaving your mind feeling lifted and calm after a class.
You’ll feel slimmer - fast
- Weight loss isn’t the main focus of a barre class but you’ll definitely feel slimmer thanks to your improved posture and alignment. Your muscles will feel toned, limbs looking longer and you’ll be standing taller.
To sum it up, barre is a low-impact conditioning class that combines the movement of ballet, the strengthening of pilates and the stretching of yoga - all within one class.