Looking for a healthy and delicious breakfast option? Look no further than granola! Not only is granola a far healthier option than sugary cereal, it is also highly versatile! Plus, with endless variations, there's a granola recipe out there for everyone. Here are some tips and four healthy breakfast recipes to get you started.
Granola Ingredients and Tips:
Before we dive into the recipes that you can use granola with, let's talk about some granola ingredients and tips to keep in mind:
Rolled oats are the traditional choice for granola, but you can also use steel-cut or quick oats. Just be sure to check the cooking time as it may vary depending on the type of oats.
Natural sweeteners like honey, maple syrup, and agave nectar are great options. You can also use coconut sugar or brown sugar, but keep in mind that they are more processed.
Healthy fats like coconut oil or olive oil are great options. Avoid using hydrogenated oils or trans fats.
Nuts and Seeds:
Nuts and seeds add healthy fats, protein, and texture to your granola. Some great options include almonds, pecans, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds.
Dried fruit adds natural sweetness and chewiness to your granola. Some great options include raisins, cranberries, apricots, and dates.
Granola Recipe Variations:
The great thing about granola is that you can customize it to your liking. Here are some variations to consider:
Use gluten-free oats and make sure to double-check that all your ingredients are gluten-free.
Use maple syrup or agave nectar as a sweetener and skip the honey. Use coconut oil or olive oil as your fat.
Use seeds like sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, or chia seeds instead of nuts.
Use a natural sweetener like stevia or monk fruit, and skip the dried fruit.
Now, let's dive into the recipes!
Try These 4 Healthy Breakfast Granola Recipes:
Recipe #1: Granola Yogurt Parfait
This popular breakfast dish features layers of creamy yogurt, crunchy granola, and sweet fruit, coming together for a delightful and satisfying culinary experience. The creamy texture of the yogurt pairs perfectly with the crunchy granola, while the fruit adds a natural sweetness and a pop of color.
The best part? Granola yogurt parfaits are completely customizable to your tastes! Choose your favorite yogurt flavors, fruits, and granola mix-ins for a personalized treat that's tailored just for you. So why not indulge in a tasty and healthy treat that's perfect for any time of day?
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup Blueberry Goji Coconut Granola
- 1 cup mixed fresh fruit (e.g. berries, chopped peaches, bananas)
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- In a bowl, mix together the Greek yogurt and honey (if using).
- Layer the yogurt, granola, and fresh fruit in a jar or parfait glass.
- Repeat the layering until all ingredients are used up.
- Serve chilled and enjoy!
Recipe #2: Baked Apple Granola Crisp
This delightful dish is a perfect blend of natural sweetness from juicy apples, the crunch of apple crumble granola, and warm spices that make it the ultimate comfort dessert, perfect for chilly evenings or a cozy night during winter.
And the best part? It's super easy to make and is sure to be a crowd-pleaser for kids and adults alike. Whether you're craving a sweet pick-me-up after dinner or want to impress your loved ones with a delicious dessert, this delight is what you need.
- 2 medium-sized apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup Apple Crumble Granola
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (e.g. walnuts, pecans)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a baking dish, toss together the sliced apples, coconut oil, and maple syrup until the apples are coated.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the granola and chopped nuts.
- Sprinkle the granola and nut mixture over the top of the apples.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, until the apples are tender and the granola is golden brown.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Recipe #3: Granola Energy Bites
Are you ready to experience the deliciousness and goodness of a popular snack that will leave you feeling happy and energized? Look no further than these amazing granola energy bites!
Perfect for your busy lifestyle, you can take them on-the-go and enjoy a quick and tasty snack that will give you the energy boost you need to conquer your day with a big smile!
- 1 cup Australian Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup Smooth Almond Nut Butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup Hazelnut Blackforest Granola
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, mix together the rolled oats, nut butter, and honey until well combined.
- Add the granola and chocolate chips to the bowl and stir until evenly distributed.
- Form the mixture into small balls (about 1 inch in diameter) and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate the energy bites for at least 30 minutes to firm up.
- Store the energy bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Enjoy as a healthy snack on the go!
Recipe #4: Breakfast Pastries
Packed with rolled oats, granola, almond and coconut flour, and just the right amount of sweetness from honey and applesauce, these muffins are sure to be a hit with your taste buds. Plus, they're super easy to make - just mix the wet and dry ingredients, scoop into muffin cups, and bake to perfection! So why wait? Whip up a batch of these amazing granola breakfast pastries today and enjoy a tasty and nutritious start to your day!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup granola
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a muffin tin with cooking spray or line with muffin cups.
- In a medium bowl, combine the rolled oats, granola, almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the honey, unsweetened applesauce, and egg.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Scoop the batter evenly into the muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a pastry comes out clean
- Allow the pastries to cool in the muffin tin for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy your healthy and delicious granola breakfast pastries!